Church Board / Officers
Information will be available
soon ... Area under construction
St. Nicholas Ukrainian Orthodox Church was established in 1897,
and now 105 years later, we celebrate our wonderful parish and
our American citizenship.
We want to thank all of the wonderful priests
that have been here at St. Nicholas Ukrainian Orthodox church.
1897-1902 - Father Nestro Dmytrow. Reorganized
the parish and under his direction bought the old Methodist
church on the corner of Third and Monroe.
1903-1906 - Father Dobrotwor. Under his
stay, land for the church cemetery was purchased on the boundary
between Watervliet and Maplewood.
1906 - Father Dwulin
1907 - Father Fekula
1907-1908 - Father Joseph Szaplinsky
1909 - Father Bartish
1910 - Father Michael Struminsky
1910-1913 - Father Ilaray Yakimovich
1913-1914 - Father Nicholas Prodan. Took
the responsibility to head the collection for funds needed
to begin construction of the new church.
1914-1915 - Father Lukavsky
1915-1917 - Father Stephan Podlutsky. In
1915, the parish resolved to begin construction of the new
church; on July 18, 1915, Father Dorozinsky, Father Karmansky
and Father Podlutsky officiated at the blessing of the cornerstone
of the new church. The blessing of the bells for the new church
took place on October 24, 1915.
1918 - Father Volodymyr Stech
1918 - Father Nicholas Romanyk
1918-1919 - Father Nicholas Bodnik
1919 - Father Prodan
1920-1921 - Father Joseph Badnar. Was assigned
to the Troy parish by the Ukrainian Orthodox consistory, in
December 1920, the Troy church sent delegates to the Sobor
of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. From this time forward the
Troy church separated themselves from the Greek Catholic Church.
1921-1926 - Father Yaletchko. During his
time it was explained from the consistory that the Ukrainian
Orthodox Church wished to remain independent without any foreign
influences. Unanimously approved, the new name was to include
Ukrainian Orthodox Church. St. Nicholas Ukrainian Orthodox
Church was named. Troy’s parish bonded to Metropolitan Lipkivsky
in Kiev, Ukraine, also, in 1924 the youth league of St. Nicholas
Church was organized and was the oldest Ukrainian youth organization
in the U.S.;
1926-1929 - Return of Father Joseph Badnar
1929-1930 - Father Andrew Ivanyshyn. In
1929 a set of bylaws or constitution was created for the Troy
1930-1932 - Father John Hundiak (who later
became Archbishop Mark)
1932-1934 - Father Kachyr
1933 - Father Kuryllo
1934-1935 - Father Dmytruk. Under his guidance,
construction of the church hall on Second Street in Troy began.
1935-1953 - Father Ivansyshyn. St. Nicholas
hosted the 7th Annual Convention of the Ukrainian Orthodox
League of America;
1953-1968 - Father Myron Pacholok. In 1954,
the “Burning of the Parish Home Mortgage” and the blessing
of the newly constructed classroom in the basement of the
1968-1972 - Father Theodore Buggan (now
Metropolitan Constantine). Instituted and organized the annual
international arts festival.
1972-1977 - Father Kulish
1977-1981 - Father Oleksij Limonchenko.
Our Parish Constitution was updated.
1981-1999 - Father Wolodymyr Paszko. Who
was here for 18 hard working years, traveled from Elizaville,
NY to Troy every Friday and leaving late Sunday, never missed
a single service in all his years here at Troy. He and his
brother, Fred Paszko, worked endless hours with repairs to
the church, church hall, and helped our church tremendously
with monetary gifts. Under his guidance the inside of our
church was repainted.
1998-2002 - Father Bohdan Kalynyk. Father
Kalynyk worked endlessly to renovate our church hall.
Now our current priest, Father Paul Szewczuk who
we welcome with open arms. He is our current sparkle.